Friday, February 17, 2012

Starting Fresh

A little over two years ago a series of events turned me inside out. Over the last two years I have been slowly unscrambling and I think I have finally arrived at a place where I feel better... Dare I say MUCH better. Lots of things have gotten me to this place... My kids, my amazingly patient husband and some over the top friends who stood by me no matter how ugly my life got.

Over the last few months I even found myself missing my blog.. I had stopped blogging because I felt I couldn't contribute anything positive to it anymore, but I missed it. But this morning I made donuts with my kids.. They have the day off..so we made donuts. It was an easy recipe...but they were good, and we had fun and suddenly I found myself wanting to post about it. So I am! What a perfect time for a fresh start.
Making donuts with the boys didn't get me a job or straighten up my house or stop the migraines or fix any of the other hurdles I still have to face, but it was fun and it was a positive step. So even though I realize every day will be different and some of them will be less than perfect I am going to write about them, The pretty and the not so pretty. I am excited to see where all these little steps are leading...I figure as long as my steps are forward it does not matter if they are small or large they are moving forward and that is progress. Today I leave you with my donuts, they were pretty, and easy, and yummy, a little sweet & crunchy on the outside and a little soft and salty on the inside... Just perfect!

No comments: