Saturday, July 07, 2007

New Beginings

I am calling this new beginnings for many reasons. First of all I am posting again for the first time in many months...yes Rollie I am doing it again!

Encouraged in many areas of life right now, I got an extra boost this past weekend with an amazing 48 hours in Rehoboth beach with very special friends and family, here I am starting again.

We went to Rehoboth with my friends Rollie & Kate and their son Josh who generously asked us to crash their family vacation for a few days then didn't take it back - go figure! After a week of 4 year old anticipation, we got up at 4 am to meet at Cracker Barrel, where we started off the weekend with pancakes...what could be better. A few hour in the car and Rollie's car started to leak bubbles...

A quick stop at Walmart for William's first boogie board and an array of buckets and shovels for Patrick. Off we go to the beach where Josh and two of his very kind friends showed William the finer points of the boogie board. Note to self, water shoes (he has his father's glass feet) and swim shirt. He didn't do so bad for his first time out...a few setbacks, but we were really proud at how he stuck to it for the most part!


Patrick told everyone there were "socks" in the water and his plans for the weekend were just to dig a big hole. No more Shark Week on the Discovery channel for Patrick! So Patrick dug a hole.

I had lots of time to think on the beach. And quality non-scrapping girlfriend time with Rollie. I tried to eat crabs...but there will just have to be more for Rollie. I love crab, but I can't get past their little faces. I will have to stick to crab cakes! I was also introduced to the Candy Kitchen and Thrashers. I love Vinegar, but I now crave it on everything! Although I have discovered it is not the same on tater tots! I loved giggling and being a pirate with Rollie, we shall have to celebrate national "Talk like a pirate day".

It was hard transitioning back to work. I spent Monday and Tuesday surfing the net looking for hotel rooms to go back..but with work and William's science camp it became painfully clean that I was dreaming. So I just kept waiting for my beach report, and finding new things to pour vinegar on.

It is hard to put all my thoughts and feelings from the whole weekend in to words, I know I am am blessed in so many areas of my life, and I got to experience quite a few of them over the weekend. It has given me the strength, and the strong desire to start over. It is a new day.



F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)

1 comment:

Rollie said...

wahoooooooooooooo! What a great weekend!!
So glad to see ya posting again...keep it going girlfriend!
love ya!
mean it!