Thursday, July 12, 2007

Special friends

It seems like William and Aiden have always been friends. I guess they have been since Aiden was born, William is a few years older but it has never mattered to either one of them. Aiden's family lived down the street from us, and William took to his new friend immediately and there was no looking back. Not even both families moving could separate them. We have remained friends even 30 minutes apart.

This year William and Aiden got their first pets. William got a hamster named Oreo and Aiden got a rabbit he named Flip Flop. They have been bugging us to get the pets together for a play date so one afternoon we decided to see what would happen.

As it turns out a rabbit and a hamster have a lot in common, they shared toys and food and sniffed each other and had a grand old time. Who would have thought? Well, Aiden & William did!

I have been so lucky in my life to have had a girlfriend I met when we were 3, our moms were friends and we remained friends through moves and different schools and college and boys and marriage and kids and many many states. How great to have friends like that where even your pets are great friends! I feel so lucky that we met the Fishers and William met Aiden, I hope they will always be friends. I think they will.

No comments: