Friday, July 20, 2007

Mom's garden...

We have had so many very busy weekends this year and it looks like they aren't going to stop any time soon. This one sounds like it is going to be kind of quiet. Tonight I think I am going to open a bottle of wine and chill by the garden.

I planted my garden this year...thanks Rollie for turning 45...your party instigated many changes at the house I had wanted to get to for a very long time but kept putting off, one of them being re-planting "mom's garden". The garden started when William was born in our first house. On my second Mother's day Tom dug out a garden down the side of the house and he and William planted my first perennial. After that I got many. When we moved I was not able to take them with me, but I had the most perfect spot in the back yard to "resurrect" MOM's garden.

I did not start with just one this year, I put in quite a few, and I love to go and watch them. What is it about blooming flowers that is so peaceful? So besides finishing my kits, doing the laundry, getting William's glasses, finding my stuff for SAVE!, going to Costco, working at the store, planning the meals for next week, going to the grocery store, helping my brother find furniture, and planning childcare for the next two weeks, I think I will make it a quiet weekend and sit by my garden and chill. Is it 5:00 yet? I think I need to find a bench to go out there!

Everyone have a great weekend! Take some time for yourself and sit by your garden or wherever you like to sit!

No comments: