Thursday, August 30, 2007

Corrupted JPGs

that's what I had...


a whole folder of them! I knew what some of them were but not all of the or I thought I knew what they were but it turns out I didn't!

How disappointed I was when I discovered that I had lost all the photos from the zoo! Over Memorial Day Maggie had come up from Florida to visit and we too her to the Philadelphia Zoo. Then I realized I had also lost half of the photos from William's end of year skit. I really wanted them back! I spent hours on line trying to find programs that would reconstruct the files that were in the folder. It seemed like all the data was there, it was just when I tried to open them I got a red X. Noting worked.
Then I found this program that said it could save corrupted photos but only if they were on a memory card. I had already deleted and re-formatted the memory card several times but what the heck! It let me try it to see what was there but then you had to pay the $30 if you wanted to save whatever it reconstructed. This program found 517 photos on an empty card. All the zoo photos, the skit photos, Phillie's game photos (that I hadn't realized were missing yet!), and a bunch of other things...some I had and some I didn't. let me tell you it was one of the best $30 I ever spent!
I was really disappointed that everything was missing. We had so much fun at the zoo and Tom, William and Uncle Tim had so much
fun at the game and it was all missing! All in all it was a good
night! Glad I didn't give up!
So if you loose your photos give me a call - I know a guy!

1 comment:

deena said...

I can hear your relief all the way in Seattle. Great photos and great memories.

P.S. Great looking pirate ship cake!! Aiden's smile says it all.