Sunday, September 02, 2007

A girl's right of passage...


Today I got to witness a young girl's right of passage. It's not the prom, or driving, or dating..or any of the normal things you might expect...but miss Ella got her first taste (Literally!) of a $100 bill.

She had so much fun flashing her "wad" at the store today! She was waving her bills all over the place and when we finally had to take them away from her she accepted scrap paper in trade..I am sure that won't always be the case, but for today whether it was paper or $$ she smiled from ear to ear. Aren't babies fun!

Our family has had lots of fun with babies this weekend. You know how you always offer to watch babies for new moms? Well we finally had someone take us up on it! Friday night Jack came over for a visit. We had a lot of fun. We all went for a walk. William and Patrick both sang him songs, and we went through several bottles! Little Jack must be going through a growth spurt, he went through several bottles quite quickly, and kept wanting more!

Tom said it took me about 1.5 hours to remember why I was done having babies...and it took him 45 min. About the time I told William and Patrick to go to bed, and they went upstairs, brushed teeth, climbed in bed and waited for us to come up, I remembered that with babies there is never any sending them off to do anything on their own, so while Jack Jack is the cutest... There will definitely be no more babies in this house. Even if I have to keep borrowing babies to get it out of my system...I have started to enjoy my Independence way too much to give it up now. The boys are at just the right age that we can start doing stuff together and they can participate, and they can get some stuff done on their own. I am spoiled!

Well, my family is in bed and I am off to bed as well. More fun tomorrow! Can't wait to tell everyone about it! OH yeah! Deena finally sent me a few pics from Alaska! She got home tonight...but better late than never. I had asked her to walk on a glacier for me, her email said this is it...I don't quite get it.. but here it is anyway, I can't wait to ask her what she is talking about! The photo to the left is actually a glacier...what she is touching to the right is - I just don't know!!!!


Talk to you soon!

No comments: