Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall fun!

Ti's the season for Soccer! I forget how fun it was watching William when he was little run around the field. This is Patrick's first year playing, and William and I have gotten more giggles sitting together on the sidelines watching the kids and laughing at the chaos. I tell him stories of the silly things he did and he denied it all! I know Aunt Jen and Nicole will remember this well...in William's first game he was made goalie, the goal was made up of two orange cones and the coach explained to William that he needed to guard the opening and keep the ball from going through. William guarded the goal for a little while, but I guess he was finding it difficult, so finally he ran over and picked up the cones and moved them closer together...less to guard! We were laughing so hard we couldn't go out there and fix it.

William is doing quite well this year, he has discovered that shin guards are a good thing and that getting the ball is fun! We love watching him and his team play hard on a Sunday morning! My one regret is that some of our favorite friends are not able to be on the team with him this year. Maybe next year!

Patrick has not changed any dynamics of the game as of yet, but he and his teammates have chased the ball off of the field through two other games and into the woods... They don't actually have games, just skill sessions followed by 15 minute scrimmages which they thing of as games, they actually play each other, they just don't know it. His shorts are too long...his socks are too high, and I love every minute of watching it and William doesn't believe for a second that he was ever that small or silly! - We know the truth and have the video footage to prove it!


On another note, a call out to a friend that was hurt today, her strength and grace never cease to amaze me. I am not sure how many times you need to get knocked down, but you always get back up and smile while heading in to the world for more. Wish I could give you a hug before I leave for DC...I will bring you back a treat!

No comments: